I lost 450 cc of blood today and i feel great!





Yesterday I overheard my husband on the phone instructing his staff to find people who can donate for his co-worker who is in the hospital and in need of a lot of blood.... without hesitation, I volunteered to donate.

Aside from boxing,styling and painting, I am also very passionate about donating blood, simply because I know the benefits it provides and know that it’s a very small imposition on me to donate something which I have plenty to give.

From my childhood I was taught to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.It really feels good when you've done something better for someone without hesitation and all comes down to ‘doing good’ and ‘feeling good’ in return. 
Getting that heart-felt sigh when you feel you’ve made a difference ...however small. =)

And this evening was my third time to donate my blood for someone who is in need. I was nervous though it was my third time . I was still afraid for the HUGE needle that will go through my vain. Ouchy!! I am terrified still, BUT very determined to donate my blood to someone very important to another person.

6:30 pm today, April 16. 
I was examined and gone though some procedures, blood type testing, interview etc. Fortunately, i am qualified and passed the SOPs.



9pm  I went back to the Blood bank

 .
gulp gulp! -edward
There's my husband who patiently waited for me and made sure everything was fine. 

 

15 minutes later the 450cc was full of my blood 
.
The needle in my arm made me feel dizzy but I manage to stay calm. I rested for a while, went back home and my husband fed me with this....
reward!!!!
and gave me extra fluids to replenish the pint of blood i have donated.

I love donating blood. Like I said, it doesn't take a lot of time on my part; but I know that I'm making a huge difference in my community.
When you donate blood, that blood can go towards 3 people who need it. So, your saving multiple lives within a 1/2 hour to an hour's worth of time.

I just wanted to take this opportunity and throw out information on blood donations to everyone.
Did you know that out of the entire population, about 94 to 97% of people are eligable to donate blood? And out of that large percentage, only 3% actually donate. Sad isn't it? i believe that anyone can donate blood, should donate blood.

Have you tried to donate blood to RED CROSS or directly to Hospitals?
Is giving blood good for your body??? Absolutely YES!

Why am i telling you this??? Because I think it’s the easiest and most selfless way to save a life and I hope in one or another, that just by feeding you people about this information would inspire at least one person to go donate.

So what are you guys waiting for? Go pick up the courage, and join me as a blood donor and head down to the nearest blood banks near you, or check http://www.redcross.org.ph/giveblood








Pages

ShazGonzales_2011. Powered by Blogger.
.

i want to hear from you =)


up